Job Vacancy – Apprentice Mechanical Services Project Manager
Vacancies available at our Cross Hands office
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised, and reliable person to undertake an apprenticeship in Building Services Engineering. You will need to be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors. You must have an active interest in buildings and the built environment and take responsibility for personal development.
As a Mechanical Building Services Project Manager Apprentice, you will be working with us full time and attend a technical college on day release 1 day a week during term-time on a 24-36 month course to complete a HNC in Building Services Engineering. F P Hurley will support you through this period with an office-based mentor/coach and on the job training along with regular reviews with your line manager and the technical college to ensure your development is progressing.
You’ll be part of our collaborative and growing team and will help with the development and delivery of a pipeline of exciting and complex projects. Working hours are based on 40 hours per week: Monday to Thursday 8am until 5pm and Friday 8am until 4pm. As some of our projects are located away from our office areas they will require overnight stays. Salary to be confirmed based on qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working effectively and efficiently with your mentor
- Effective, precise and timely communication of all relevant project information between all members of the team on your project
- Effectively manage and coordinate activities assigned to you by your mentor
- Ensure activities comply with all necessary H&S and environmental requirements
- Ensure quality workmanship is adhered to with the use of our internal QA software Procore
- Undertake the responsibilities above with a view to securing necessary levels of progress and productivity to ensure project completion
Qualifications and desired skills:
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above including Maths and Science
- A Levels preferable but not essential
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – the ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner with other team members and clients and to produce clear and concise reports
- Experience in Excel
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
To Apply: if you are interested in the position, please submit your CV / details to Simon Midgley at firstname.lastname@example.org and Euan Jones email@example.com