Job Vacancy- Electrical Estimator, Carters Sustainable Construction
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Estimator to join our subsidiary company, Carters Sustainable Construction, based in Bridgend. You will be working across multiple divisions including residential, industrial, and commercial. You will be expected to examine and determine costs for various sizes of electrical projects and will also be responsible for evaluating the materials, labour and timescales as per the project specifications.
- Review tender documents received.
Survey sites for new/upgrade works, design systems and subsequent estimating of projects.
Accurately quantifying materials, plant, and labour and preparation of take offs.
- Attending and contributing at pre, mid and post tender meetings.
Obtain quotes from various third-party suppliers to obtain prices prior to submitting tender returns.
- Review tender quotes received from suppliers and specialist subcontractors for compliancy and best value.
Prepare quotes and tenders using the estimating software.
Scope of works and installation programme is clearly defined prior for handover to the installation team.
Submit tenders in accordance with the deadline indicated in the tender documents.
Respond to post-tender queries/interviews from client representatives.
Qualifications & Desired skills:
- Successful applicants will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Overall knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of electrical systems and their installation methods.
- Good people management and motivational skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work effectively in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – the ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and clients.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met.
- Good IT skills.
- Full driving licence essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Salary to be confirmed based on qualifications and experience.