Job Vacancy – Mechanical Building Services Installer/Craftsperson- Pipefitter Vacancy
We are looking for a Pipefitter to join our busy team in South Wales, operating under our Cross Hands office.
Working within this specialist branch of engineering within the construction sector, you will be responsible for installing large scale industrial and commercial systems such as heating, chilled water, hot water and cold water which are used for heating large-scale buildings and domestic hot and cold water services.
You will be required to work on various construction sites in the region, which may include schools, universities, hospitals, offices, student residences, factories and other commercial buildings. Project sites will be throughout the region and further afield throughout the UK (working away will be required from time to time).
You must have a knowledge of the commercial systems and how the components within systems relate to each other. Within this role you will:
- plan allocated work tasks to install system components
- undertake allocated work tasks in testing system components
- assist in pre-commission testing;
- undertake allocated work tasks in de-commissioning
- Installers are able to demonstrate competence in the health and safety, communication, quality control and environmental requirements appropriate to their scope of work.
- Apply relevant safety legislation, codes of practice and safe working practices to self and others in building services engineering working environments.
Planning, Preparing and Working Sustainably
- Plan, organise and undertake the installation of industrial and commercial system components in ways which use resources effectively to complete allocated work tasks, effectively, safely and with consideration to environmental impact using industry recognised practices.
- Prepare work areas in new and existing sites to undertake allocated component installation work tasks ensuring: safe access and egress for self and others is maintained; components, tools and equipment are stored and positioned safely and to allow efficient workflow; mechanical supply services and electrical tool supply connections are correctly identified; and the need for other trades support is identified and arranged.
- Apply pipework fabrication, installation and jointing techniques for industrial and commercial system components to industry recognised standards. This includes prefabricated and/or modularised components and distribution systems, and including the assembly, positioning, orientation and fixing of storage vessels, heat emitters, pressure vessels, controls.
- Undertake allocated work tasks in the testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning and decommissioning of industrial and commercial cold water systems, hot water systems, heating systems and chilled water systems.
You will be paid in accordance with our trade body, Building Engineering Services Association (BESA) National Agreement pay structure with the National Agreement- found here.
Basic hours are 37.5 hours per week- 8 AM to 4 PM Monday to Thursday and 8AM to 3PM Friday (time on site). Overtime will be offered when available and is considered to be a regular feature of the role. Working and lodging away will also be a feature of the work and you will be required to take your turn in resourcing these projects.
We are looking for individuals that are enthusiastic and willing to work hard, have good time keeping and organisational skills, excellent communicators and those with an ability to work as part of a team.
Engineering Services SKILLcard/CSCS Card.
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Heating and Ventilation (Commercial), Building Services Installer/Craftsperson or Plumbing Systems is desirable but not essential as previous experience in a similar role will be considered.
To apply for the role, please email your CV to our Regional Supervisor Mark Templeton at email@example.com