Job Vacancy- Quantity Surveyor
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our growing South West division, based in Portishead, Bristol. As a Quantity Surveyor you will be required to provide support to the project team on all commercial aspects of construction projects, including management of costs and contractual matters, liaising with customer representatives and other third parties, and ensuring that the Company’s objectives are achieved.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review contract terms & conditions and negotiate with the client where necessary.
- Prepare and issue monthly interim applications for payment
- Prepare and review on a monthly basis, project cashflow and profitability forecasts/ CVRs.
- On a monthly basis review payments received and any actions required for overdue payments
- Review monthly applications and invoices received from subcontractors with Project Managers
- Input draft subcontract payments and issue payment notices
- Raise subcontract orders on Coins and agree terms where necessary.
- Monitor and assist with contract variations and compensation events both upstream and for subcontractors
- Agreement of upstream and subcontractors final accounts
- Provide financial/contractual advice as required
- Prepare and agree individual project bonus payments.
- Set-up new projects on the Coins management system
- Supervision and guidance of the Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Qualifications & desired skills:
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Quantity Surveying preferable
- M&E Quantity Surveying experience preferable
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – the ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and clients and to produce clear and concise reports
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good IT skills
- Ability to commute
- Full driving licence essential
Job Type: Full-time
Salary/Package: Competitive package, negotiable dependant on experience.
Company Head Office: F P Hurley & Sons Limited, Queens Road South, Bridgend Industrial Estate, Bridgend.